Type IT! Data Privacy Notice
(How we use your information)
We, Type IT! are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, together with any other documents referred to within, sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act) / EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR), the data controller is Type IT!, The Old Office, 24 Roxeth Hill, Harrow on the Hill, Middlesex, HA2 0JT
The categories of information that we collect, hold and share includes:
- Personal information (child’s name, parent’s name, email address, adult name, date of birth, mobile telephone number, address, medical conditions, school attending.)
- Characteristics (such as gender)
Why we collect and use this information
We use the data:
- to enrol on to the course.
- to produce class lists, fees lists and weekly record sheets with the person’s name and other details printed.
- to set up groupings: date of birth, days attending/session times.
- to support the person’s learning and progress
- to notify customer’s of fees due/overdue
- to keep customers or those enquiring updated with relevant information relating to the course
- to administer, support, improve and develop our business.
- to notify customers about changes to our service
- to update customers with the dates of courses taking place
- to inform interested customers about any future courses taking place
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use information under Article 6 GDPR Lawfulness of Processing:
“processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party” – by completing an online enrol form or completing a paper copy, parents or adults are entering into a contract to receive Type IT! lessons at their request and we will use this data to enrol them or their child.
In addition: “processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests” – so that we can conduct our business, to generate profit, create employment and provide high a high quality service to those parents and customers that have expressed an interest in our company. We will use the data to email parents and customers about term dates/changes of dates and any other business associated with Type IT. Customers can opt out of receiving these emails if they wish to. Any correspondence with parents or customers we have spoken to in the past will be limited to twice yearly to avoid annoyance.
How long do we store personal data for?
We hold personal data from the time someone is enrolled on the course or enquires about a course, to two years after they leave the course. Or 6 years if it involves accounting information.
How does the information get stored?
Personal data from online enrolments and verbal enrolments get uploaded onto a secure password protected cloud storage system, Google Drive.
How do we dispose of the information?
We keep the information for 6 years for accounting and financial reasons. Information is kept in secure folders at the head office (alarm secured) and then it is disposed of by either shredding any paper documents or deleting any digital data.
Who we share information with:
We don’t share information with any other parties, other than schools that we may be working with.
Why we share some information
We do not share information about anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so. Schools may be updated by email and also retain copies of their weekly record sheets.
Other Data Controllers
That may have access to your data
- Mailchimp and Sendinblue – online email company.
- Google Drive
- Text Marketer
- Payatrader (if customer’s pay online but most are encouraged to pay by BACS).
Mailchimp and Sendinblue – an online email company. This is so we can inform customers about details of courses. There is an option to unsubscribe.
Google Drive – We host most of our information here. These are routinely deleted from the server once they are no longer needed after the time periods specified previously.
What we will not do with your data
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, parents and children have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, or be given access to your child’s educational record, contact Wendy Petersen: The Old Office, 24 Roxeth Hill, Harrow on the Hill, Middlesex.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing (we have opt out options on all of our online marketing campaigns).
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
If you are concerned that a data breach has been made you can contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/report-a-breach/
Changing your Personal Data
For all emails that are sent by Mailchimp and Sendinblue, there is the option to update your preferences and details at any time. If your contact details do change, please contact us so we can update your details on our system: email@example.com
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to:
The Old Office,
24 Roxeth Hill
Harrow on the Hill