Centre Based Courses in Harrow & Sutton
For Learners That Prefer A Face To Face Course Led By A Tutor
Weekly Lessons With a Tutor
Weekly term-time lessons are an hour-long which means students can go at a nice slow and steady pace with plenty of time to practice in between lessons.
Small Class Sizes
As class sizes tend to be small, these lessons are perfect for a younger child who may have a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia or an adult that wishes to learn in the evening or at the weekend.
All classes are Covid secure with regular cleaning, sanitiser.
- All of our classes are small, so whether you are an adult learner or a child, you really do get extra help that you might need.
- Term Time Lessons - children can join at any time – there is no set start/finish.
- Tutors available on hand to help every student.
- Able to go at a pace to suit the student.
- Tailored learning using several typing programmes.
- Software follows the National Literacy Strategy.
- Dyslexia and dyspraxia friendly course.
- Motivational stickers for the children.
- Use of the programme for one month following the completion of the course.
- Learning home row, top row and bottom row keys
- Learning punctuation keys including the shift keys
- Learning to backspace to correct errors
- Paragraph typing putting your typing into everyday context.
- Completing typing tests throughout the programme and at the end of the course.
- Practical applications such as copy typing/dictation/story writing.
- Fun typing games for kids both on the computer and away from the screen.
- Option to learn numbers.
- Use of software for 3 months post course completion.
- End of course certificate.
Harrow Term Time Weekly Lessons
- Where? Harrow Typing Centre
To Suit Your Requirements
- Who? For Children aged 8-18. Adults by prior arrangement. This is a group lesson.
Sutton Term Time Weekly Lessons
- Where? Sutton Typing Centre
Saturdays - 9.30am - 10.30am, Monday 5-6pm.
- Who? For Children aged 8-18. Adults by prior arrangement
"My children both really enjoyed the Type IT programme and made significant progress in their ability to touch type and in their commitment to practice regularly. Thank you for all your help."
“The course was extremely useful for a 14 year old, she learned quickly and saw the value in the touch typing technique from the very first day and was motivated.”
“A good number of our pupils made excellent progress and thoroughly enjoyed the course!”
Penny Brown, Teacher, York House School
“It was good fun, the people were really friendly and nice and I was surprised at how well I could type. This will really benefit me now and in the future due to the difficulties I have in writing and holding a pen. I would say – go and do the course, it is good fun!”
Sophie, aged 13
“I enjoyed the way all the teachers are patient with you. I LOVE LEARNING TO TYPE!”
Alice, aged 8
"Learning how to touch type has been so good for George. It has boosted his self esteem and he has acquired a skill he will use for the rest of his life. I have been recommending Type IT to everyone. Thank you for being so supportive and lovely to my boy."
Many thanks to the Type It team for your patience, encouragement and lovely kind nature. My son, aged 10, learnt to type with the team, and loved every lesson, and has achieved so much in learning to touch type. The environment the children learn is in so calm and nurturing and the prizes keep them motivated throughout. The Type It team provide great support for Dyslexic children - This is such an important skill for their ability to learn more effectively and efficiently. Well done and thank you to the whole team.